The Texada Aerospace camp runs from July 26 - 29th and is designed for children ages 10 – 16.
Here are just some of the cool things campers will learn about during the four days:
- Participants will be wowed to learn just how far back the history of aerospace goes (early 1800s) along with demos of early flight models and cool experiments
- Fire safety is key in the world of aerospace. You'll learn about how to prevent accidents and mishaps so everyone stays safe and has fun.
- This might be the best part of the camp. Get hands-on learning how to make aviation models and rockets. Learn all about the ins and outs of aircraft engines and how to fix them.
- Introductory tool use, wing and fuselage fabrication technology
- Take a guided tour with an aerospace pro at the airport to see and learn about different aircraft and what makes them work.
NEVER MISS OUT! SIGN UP FOR FESTIVALSEEKERS ENEWS.
- Learn how a wind tunnel works and helps scientists determine how an aircraft will fly under certain conditions
- Ever wondered how a pilot knows what to do with all those gadgets in the cockpit. Watch them in action as the demo lectrical circuits some aircraft instruments.
- Feel like you're flying with a flight simulator session
- Meet real life pilots and aerospace workers and hear how they spend their days on the job
Texada Island is a part of the northern region of the Sunshine Coast. Your adventure will start either in Horseshoe Bay aboard BC Ferries up the coast, into Powell River and then over to Texada. Or you can hop a plane into Powell River and Texada Island is only a short commute from there. However you get there, trust you are heading to a unique location that will wow you with its beauty and charm.