Paddle until your heart's content at this two-day all-things-whitewater festival. Register for advanced, intermediate or beginner kayak events. Or, take a stand-up paddle boarding lesson among other activities.
Here's a sampling of some of the weekend's activities, divided into events for juniors, beginners, intermediates, advanced, men, women, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Events include the ball race, downriver race, boater cross, Freestyle Rodeo, Surf Off and Survivor Kananaskis.
- Kayak clinics for beginners to advanced playboaters
- Stand-up paddle boarding clinics for beginners (on the lake) and some aimed at whitewater kayakers who want to try a board in the river
- Demo boats will be on hand from local paddling shops.
- Chances to win prizes
- Pick up a deal on some gear at the auction hosted by auctioneer/comedian Colin Bennett. (Proceeds go toward putting on the festival/improving the river)
- Check out the official site for all of the details
Early bird registrations can save up to $25. Registration in any events includes camping at Canoe Meadows.