Whitecourt Street Festival is an all-day street party with live entertainment, games, arts displays and community connections.
Northern Alberta balances natural space with amazing communities that host great events! East to west, you'll find artist enclaves, music hubs, theatre and spectacle to enhance any getaway. Go camping, hiking, paddling or just go exploring, and build your trip around some fantastic live events.
On the western side, you'll find festivals, arts and cultural events summer and winter in thriving centres including:
- Grande Prairie - site of the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum, home to the Grande Prairie International Street Performers Festival and Grande North Winter Fest
- Grande Cache - your "Passport to the Peaks"
- Peace River - where you can Paddle the Peace (and so much more)
- and Whitecourt, Hinton and Beaverlodge.
Keep traveling east into the land of lakes, rich with Indigenous cultural experiences, musicians, artisans and agri-tourism in:
- Athabasca - home to the epic Magnificent River Rats Festival
- Lac La Biche - heating it up with their annual Summer Days
- MD Bonnyville/Cold Lake - with their famous Cold Lake Air Show, and Gear Grabbers auto show
- Métis Crossing - Alberta's premiere Indigenous tourism site
- Vermilion - with its signature Art in the Park and Celebration of Vermilion and Multiculturalism
Keep scrolling to find festival listings from east to west across northern Alberta, in every season!
More things to do in northern Alberta
You’ll never see more spectacular Northern Lights, learn from shared cultures and mix in with locals in friendly, down-to-earth communities. Trails and lakes abound throughout the region, so bring your hiking shoes, book a paddling tour or your golf clubs, and get ready for good times ahead!
When all is said and done, there's a burgeoning culinary and craft spirits scene growing up north too, so make it a point to check out local farmers' markets, restaurants and breweries/distilleries as you go.